Seize the opportunities of the New Year.
1. ReServe Maryland connects the state’s nonprofits and public institutions to experienced professionals 55+ (ReServists) who want to reinvest a career's worth of skills to strengthen their communities.
2. Socialbrite provides social solutions for nonprofits. They offer client services for a fee and also great free resources, tips, calendars of events, and more in their Sharing Center, “a free learning hub for nonprofits and change-makers”.
3. Baltimore Community Tool Bank offers an inventory of tools, shovels, rakes, drills, etc., to help nonprofit organizations, religious and educational institutions, community groups and their volunteers increase their impact.
4. Pinterest lets you tell your organization’s story in pictures. This social media tool is quickly rising in popularity. Use this step-by-step guide provided by Nonprofit Tech 2.0 to get started.
5. National Conference on Volunteering and Service will be in Washington, DC. June 19-22, 2013. This Points of Light's annual conference is the world's largest gathering of volunteer and service leaders from the nonprofit, corporate and government sectors. Attendees are given an opportunity to learn, connect and be inspired.
Happy New Year!